Monday 10 October 2011

Blinded By the Light.

   Some of the vehicles that are out there today have headlights that are so bright they could blind you.  I have  had quite a few incidences where I'll be driving down the road and the vehicle coming towards me has lights that are just so bright that I have to look away. It feels like a camera flash just went off and your eyes are trying to adjust back to your surroundings.  By trying to focus back on my surroundings I just may get into an accident or hit something, or worse, someone.  Those extra bright lights may be all well and good for the person that is driving that vehicle, but not for the other drivers that have to put up with them. Those lights also do a number when they are coming up behind you.  Trying to drive with those blasted lights constantly in your rear view mirror is irritating and makes it that much harder to focus properly on the road and what is around you.


  Yes!  Having good lighting is important but you don't have to over do it.  Those lights are an accident waiting to happen.  I think that there should be a cut off point to how bright driving lights should be.  I know that If I need extra lighting I can turn my high beams on...at least till another vehicle comes. I'm not saying we have to put up with our standard and dull headlight bulbs but we don't have to have these ultra powerful over the top headlights.


  As long as the headlights are DOT approved, they are legal...which in my books doesn't say much.  I mean look how bright some of these headlights are!  I personally think there should be a law on the brightness of these lights.   I love to drive.  I just don't think you need a thousand watt light bulb to see what's ahead.  


    Well, that's my two cents worth for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate