Friday 2 March 2012

DECEMBER 21, 2012: YOUR CALL...BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER!



I constantly hear or read about the apocalypse of 12 21 2012 and the different ways that it could occur. Call me crazy but I think the only way to really be sure is to wait for that ominous day 12-21-2012. Until then we will not know for sure unless someone or something can prove otherwise.

For the sake of argument just imagine if you will that the-end-of-the-world will take place on 12-21-2012 or that you really believe some of these stories about Armageddon. What would you want to do before that day arrives?

I began thinking about what the end of civilization would be like during a recent power outage...which lasted about 3 hours. Granted on the grand scheme of things it isn't very long, but long enough to make me think how easy I take things for granted. I don't remember how many times I went to turn on the lights or thought of going on my computer while the power was out. I also thought what if the power outage goes on for days like it did back on Thursday, August 14, 2003. 10 million people in Ontario, Canada and 45 million people in 8 northeastern and mid-western states went without power for a couple of days. It also made me think of what I would need to survive.

It's amazing the things I did and the things I thought of during this power failure. Well as you can read it all came down to this story and 12-21-2012.

To get back to the story at hand, who would you want to be with on that faithful (December 21, 2012) day? Where do you want to be? Do you want to spend time making up for past mistakes, past hurts and so forth? Do you want to be in a place where you will have a chance to survive (not knowing how things will be like after the whole aftermath)? Or do you want to leave it in the hands of God? Have you also thought what you would do if you survived this apocalypse?

Even though this is hypothetical I asked myself, If there is a remote chance of something happening on this much talked about day, do I want to leave everything to chance? Is there something I want to do or take care of? My answer was this: Regardless of the outcome it shouldn't take the end-of-the-world to want to be with my family and friends or to help a neighbor. It shouldn't take the-end-of-the-world to do good things for my fellow man. If I've done something wrong It shouldn't take the-end-of-the-world to make up for it and do what's right. We shouldn't wait for something devastating to happen before we use our humanity. Well that's my 2 cents worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate